From 3rd June to 3rd September
I’ve read depressingly few books this year, and for reasons familiar to regular readers of Book Jotter, I’ve also curbed the literary jollies. However, when I noticed Cathy Brown of 746 Books was once again hosting 20 Books of Summer, I couldn’t resist taking part, if only in a limited way.
I have selected the following titles for a variety of reasons (some because they appear on my Classics Club list, others because I have agreed to review them and so on), but primarily because they are books I would like to read.
I may or may not complete the task but, with every good intention of working my way through the list in the set time (but in no particular order), here are the ten books I hope to read before the end of summer:
1. A Nail, A Rose – Madeleine Bourdouxhe ✓
2. Abbess of Crewe, The – Muriel Spark ✓
3. Fahrenheit 451 – Ray Bradbury ✓
4. Into the Wild – Jon Krakauer ✓
5. Moominsummer Madness – Tove Jansson ✓
6. Museum of Modern Love, The – Heather Rose ✓
7. Nightwood – Djuna Barnes
8. Reasons to be Cheerful – Nina Stibbe ✓
9. Somewhere Towards the End – Diana Athill
10. Starling Days – Rowan Hisayo Buchanan ✓
Categories: Readathons / Challenges